How to NOT Pay Sales Tax on Your New Kitchen Cabinetry
The state of Massachusetts will hold a tax-free weekend this summer on Saturday, August 17th and Sunday, August 18th. In past years, Massachusetts shoppers save approximately $20 million a year during the two-day waiver of the state’s 6.25% sales tax.
Your entire kitchen purchase will likely be tax-free, even if it totals $10,000, $20,000 or more, BUT the sales tax break will apply to purchases on these two days only.
Here’s what you need to know:
- The state has a $2,500 limit per item. Because each cabinet is usually under this limit, your whole kitchen may be tax-free.
- Start planning TODAY! The design and cabinetry selection takes most clients a few visits to the showroom, so start now so you will be ready.
- You will need to FINALIZE and SIGN-OFF on your design plans and the list of cabinetry you will purchase BEFORE the actual tax-free weekend so you are ready PAY only on the Saturday or Sunday! It is not possible to work on your design and make design changes during that weekend. Because of the volume of orders that must be processed that weekend, our team will have ‘all-hands-on-deck’ processing orders and there will be no design work available on that Saturday or Sunday.
- You will need to purchase your cabinetry in total (not just a deposit) on Saturday or Sunday of the tax-free weekend in order to get the sales tax savings.
- SO START TODAY to be ready to maximize your savings.
Call us at the showroom and book time with a kitchen designer. 781-933-3339. Or CLICK HERE to send us an appointment request.